Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah!
We are excited to announce the first ever Muslim Students Social Impact Competition. This unique competition will take place as part of the Muslim Student Leadership Conference happening on August 6-8, 2021!
University and college MSAs, and other Muslim student groups across the country, are invited to submit their social impact project proposals for an opportunity to win $1000 CAD towards funding the project!
The competition is open to all university/college MSAs, or other Muslim student campus groups, across Canada.
To participate, MSA executive teams must attend the Muslim Student Leadership Conference. Please register by filling the form at the top of this webpage.
Building social impact on campus through an Islamic framework
Project proposal should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st August 3rd 2021 11:59 PM EDT. The proposal should include a PowerPoint or Google Slides presentation explaining the idea, its objectives, impact, timeline and budget. A short video pitch (1-3 mins) is strongly recommended.
Shortlisted submissions will present to a panel of judges at the Social Impact Competition session on Sunday August 8th 6 PM EDT.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Clarity: of proposal objectives, relevance to competition theme, and clarity of needs addressed among students, campus, and/or community.
- Impact: expected size of the impact of the project
- Plan: expected obstacles and challenges
- Logistics: concreteness of plan, timeline, and budget
- Creativity: innovation / differentiation / distinction
- Passion: as exemplified through presentation
- Multiple MSA’s may collaborate on a single submission
- An MSA may only make one submission
- For any questions please email email@example.com